Followers

Wednesday 27 September 2017

A Very Special Weekend

So back track a few weeks and you would have seen myself and fellow UKSN member frantically trying to get onto the Art From The Heart website to obtain ticket for a workshop with Tim Holtz. After 2 hours of trying we both managed to complete checkout getting 3 tickets each. However then came the news that the website had crashed and they were re-releasing the tickets later on in the week. However we had been lucky and had managed to complete as the website died. So fast forward to Saturday and four very excited ladies were driving up the M1 towards Harrogate getting ready to first meet up with two other members who were making their own ways there and attending the final workshop on Sunday afternoon. The photo below shows us waiting to go into the workshop.



All to soon the four hours were over and we had all managed to make 10 tags using distress inks, distress paints, distress crayons and not forgetting the new distress oxides. Tim was a wonderful teacher and had us all laughing most of the time too. Mario worked away in the background clearing away any rubbish that was made during the class and then handing out the goodies that Tim had bought over for us too. Below is a photo with Tim and the six of us that attended and underneath that
a photo of myself with the Tim.














We even managed to get three of us with Mario too. Six ladies went home on Monday very happy.


My card today was a order that someone had asked me to make, It made me feel old as I know the person that I made it for and he used to be a former Scout when I was a Scout leader many years ago.
It was made using stamps from Stampscapes, some masking, brushes and distress inks.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

rachel said...

aw what a fabulous post Sue - it makes me all tingly thinking about the day - it was truely wonderful! Lovely pictures - and your card is an absolute beauty!!! Big huggles! Rachel x

aussie aNNie said...

You all look like having a great time...awesome photo and love the card you made love stampscapes have to get out mine now...or tomorrow...or the next day..xx [aNNie]

LesleyG said...

Wow you certainly get about having fun, how lovely! Great card, I spent a whole wondering why there was a yellow sheet on top of the mountain......until I realized it was the sun behind it! Silly me! An optical illusion, and not awake properly! Xxx

Unknown said...

Great card, love the scene you have created. Fab pics too, looks like you had a great day !
Hugs Kaz xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Sue, such a lovely scene.
It looks like you all had a super time, well worth all of the trouble to get tickets.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janice said...

A lovely card Sue, such a beautiful scene.
It looks as though you had a great time away last weekend, lovely photos.
Janice x

Mia said...

I am glad you had a great time, Sue. I love the beautiful scene of your card. Kisses, my friend.

Carol said...

Gosh Sue. What a day you all had. All that getting 'messy'.
Comments aside I am glad you had such a good day.
Hugs Carol
xx

Joan said...

.you could have all popped in for a cuppa at my house while you were in Harrogate. I spent many happy years attending classes at Art from the heart until I was diagnosed with cancer, never got round to going back there after I was given the all clear. I think the gnomevstamps I used on my card can be got at Craft Stash. Oh heck, nearly forgot to say it's a lovely card Sue.

Joan





Po

scrappymo! said...

This is a beautiful scene. Love the peaceful feeling it gives!
You are so lucky to have attended Tim's workshop. It sounds fabulous and great giveaways too!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful card, and great meeting with these VIP persons!!

Have fun!!
Maria