Followers

Sunday 27 August 2017

Playtime

Friday morning I decided that my stencils which were house in 3 A4 boxes could do with sorting out. In my cupboard I had some 6x6 scrapbooks that were unused, they looked ideal for the 6x6 stencils. after a productive morning filling 4 6x6 scrapbooks with the 6x6 stencils and a clarity stencils book with the clarity stencils I was inspired to get out the inks and have a play in the afternoon. Below is the result. I started with the flower stencil (sorry I've had this stencil so long I can't remember where it comes from) and some gesso which was splodged though the stencil onto some white card, this acts as  resist for the inks over the top, which came next when the gesso was dried. Then I went back with the same colours and inked through the stencil. I chose colours that I would not normally reach for, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and worn lipstick Distress Inks. Then I used a stencil from Peerless Designs which again I've had for sometime but it was unused. I inked through the stencil with Archival black and used the word dream from another unused Peerless Designs set at the bottom. Finally I highlighted some of the black before matting it onto a 7x7 card base.



I'm going to enter thins into the challenge over at Stamping Sensations which this month is anything goes.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Aquarius said...

I always find the trouble with sorting crafty things out is that I am so easily sidetracked into making something with one or more of them and often the tidying grinds to a halt!! Well done for filing your stencils and also making this lovely project.

aussie aNNie said...

It's rather fun sorting our goodies out Sue, and using things we haven'e perhaps used for a while..Look at this amazing creation. Love the pinks and the flower stencil is gorgeous.Love the lady stencil too. I don't have many stencil that are different but love the ones here...night from Aussie land. xx
[aNNie]

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Sue, a beautiful silhouette image and super background - lovely colours. It's amazing what we find when we have a sort out isn't it!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

A beautiful, striking card, Sue. Lovely colours and I love the stencilling. xx

Margaret said...

This is gorgeous Sue. The stencil work has certainly enhanced the image.
Hugs
Margaret M

brenda said...

That's something I need to do as well Sue, mine are all bundled together in a drawer. It's such a striking design with the shades of pink and the black stands out beautifully against the inky background.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a lovely stencil and so good that you put it to use!! We crafters all tend to do that I guess...hoard without using!!
And somehow for me personally stencils are one item I keep forgetting to use !!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

rachel said...

absolutely awesome - I adore this Sue - the colours are gorgeous an the stencilling brilliant! Gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design and background, I love the colours! Take care, Shirleyxx

Joan said...

Lovely piece of art, great use of your stencils and I love your colourful background too

Sarn said...

WOW - this is superb. Love the colours and the dramatic stencil.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Janice said...

This is a work of art Sue! Such a lovely stencil against a gorgeously coloured background.
Janice x

Barb said...

I absolutely love this Sue. I love everything about it. The colours are gorgeous and I love the stencil. Barbxx