Followers

Sunday 11 December 2016

Pixie's Snippets Playground

Wow, where has the last week gone to, it's just flown by. I had cards to post but not enough time to post them. After the rushing around during the week I spent yesterday making 12 gift boxes. Earlier this year I bought a gift box die from Tattered Lace with the intention of making these boxes for Christmas day. I've made 6 green and 6 red and then alternated the colours for the matting (also cut out of the box dies). All of the gold embellishments and gold matting were cut from scraps from my box (I was able to use up loads of the silly little bits around the top of the box, the bits I just can't bear to throw away) and then backed the parcel and bauble dies with the off cuts from the main boxes. The images are all from Joanna Sheen's Hollypondhill CD, I took the images into MCS and re-sized them to fit. Now the only thing left to do now is to fill them. And of course enter them into the challenge over at Pixies Snippets Playground.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Good size little boxes Sue..love the red green and gols and pretty dies and pictures..I'll have mine filled with chocolate peppermints please..lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

Super boxes Sue, you've decorated them beautifully and I love the traditional red and green.
Pauline
x

rachel said...

wow Sue - these are beautiful! Love them to pieces - looks like a great die x

Aquarius said...

Goodness you have been busy - these are great and I'm sure they will be well received. Good for using up more of your snippets too of course.

aussie aNNie said...

Sue, these are just beautiful, been a busy lady, with fabulous results.xx{aNNie}

Sarn said...

These look fantastic in their traditional colours.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

What lovely boxes Sue! And as Rachel says, that looks like a great die - love the colours and toppings you used as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful Sue, I love how you displayed them for the photograph. Take care, Shirleyxx

Carol L said...

Now that's a gorgeous set of boxes you've created! They look wonderful too!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

These boxes are gorgeous Sue. I've just completed an order for ten Christmas ornaments and I made the boxes to match, which actually took me longer than the rest of my crafting put together! You have a wonderful selection here and I really like how you've made them all look so different, great work. Sandra X

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant! The boxes are terrific Sue, and how great to be able to use up lots of little snippets :) Elizabeth xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wow, Sue I'm really impressed that you managed to make twelve of these in a day, dedication plus. They truly are wonderful creations, well done too on using up snippets.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}