Followers

Monday 6 July 2015

Heartfelt Flowers and Canvas

First of all let me say a big thank you to those of you who left their good wishes on my last post. Mum and Andrew are now back at home trying to get into some sort of routine (I remember it well), I'm sure that it won't take to long. Today I would like to show you this canvas that I have been working on over the last couple of weeks. It's for a workshop that my crafting buddy Elaine and I are going to run in August. The letters on the background are texture paste through a stencil made on the Scan-n-cut, then when dry and painted with gesso and was sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists. I stamped very lightly and randomly over the canvas with a text stamp when the spray was dry. Then made some flowers using Heartfelt Creations Sun Kissed Fleur, Classic Leaf and Open Leaf stamp and die sets, coloured with aqua pencils and stuck on with glue gel. The butterflies are from a set from Stampin Up.  I've really enjoyed making this canvas and I hope that the ladies that come along to the workshop enjoy making it too.



I'm going to enter this into the challenge over on the Love To Create blog which wants Anything Mixed Media/Creative/Inky Goes...

Thanks for taking to time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

13 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous canvas Sue, the flowers are beautiful, it will be a fun class. I have a lot of HC dies, they are fantastic, I need to get them out for play more often, some are still unused. Take good care, Shirleyxx

aussie aNNie said...

Sue this is just gorgeous, love to be there to do the class but hey too far away....love the idea of using your own template too, have done that with my cameo....love the flowers...stunning .xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Sue this is just so beautiful. Adore the flower arrangement and autumn hues.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jacee said...

Oh my Sue, this is just wonderful, what a fabulous creation, I love all those lovely flowers!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Michelle J M said...

Sue this is gorgeous! Those flowers all but jump off the canvas! Your background is beautiful and so are the butterflies. All round a stunning creation. Michelle x

rachel said...

your canvas is stunning Sue - I am sure that the people who come to the workshop will absolutely adore having this to make - wish I lived closer - glad to hear that baby is home now - I can hardly remember those early days - too much a blur of breastfeeding and cat napping!!!! Big hugs rachel x

Liz said...

A fabulous canvas! I love the design and I'm sure will be popular at your workshop. Like Rachel, I wish I lived closer! Congratulations to you and your family on the safe arrival of your gorgeous grandson. xx

Hellen Pearce said...

Hi Sue, your canvas looks fab, love the colours you've used ! I'm sure the ladies at your workshop will have great fun making it.x

Julie Smith said...

Love your canvas Sue, great idea for your background. Good luck with your workshop xx

craftimamma said...

Wonderful canvas Sue! I saw it on Pinterest and pinned it before I realised who had made it! Your ladies are going to have a fabulous time recreating this at the class! Really beautiful!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarn said...

What a beautiful canvas. Absolutely gorgeous. xxx

Carol said...

This looks gorgeous Sue and I am sure the girls are going to love the workshop. It isn't my scene but I can admire the artristry in the making.
Carol xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue what a beautiful card, great background, great colours, beautiful flowers, and you had a lot of work with it that I can see!!!

Greetings
Maria