Followers

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Silver Wedding Anniversary Card

In 1968 when I was 8 and my sister was 4 we moved. We made friends with the girl who lived next door and our Mum's still live in the same houses next door to each other now. Twenty Five years ago at the beginning of June she got married and now it's coming up to her Silver Wedding Anniversary.
I shall be away on the day but have made this card to leave with my Mum to give to her on the day. I've used Debbi Moores Country Rose CD for the papers and the decoupage roses on this box card, also a heart paper punch, tattered lace champagne bottle and die cuts from All occasion dies. The Die cut on the front is from Tonic, cut out 3 times and stuck together then painted with black gesso. Once the gesso was dry I added some pebeo silver gilding wax and then placed onto the front flap.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

Sally H said...

That is so beautiful, Sue! I bet she will love it! How lovely that you are still in touch after all these years

rachel said...

this is so very beautiful and a lovely story too - 1968 was a good year!!! Big hugs rachel xx

Aquarius said...

How lovely to still be in touch over the years and I'm sure this beautiful card will be much appreciated. Great idea for the layered die cuts on the front - really gives it dimension.

aussie aNNie said...

Great creation Sue, gorgeous box card and loving the colours, flowers and image used.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Sarn said...

Lovely story and AMAZING creation. Top marks! It's sure to be treasured. xxx

Jacee said...

She's going to love it Sue, what a wonderful card to give, it's more of a gift, gorgeous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design and details.xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue what a great surprice box!!! I really love it!!! What a special gift , you will make somebody very happy!!!

Greetings
Maria

Michelle J M said...

Sue this is absolutely gorgeous! It is the perfect gift for a wedding anniversary. She is going to be thrilled I am sure. Michelle x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Sue! I've missed a lot of beauties here. Take care, Shirleyxx