Followers

Tuesday 21 April 2015

In The Country

I've been playing with some new stamps that I bought from Create and Craft the other week, the Old Barn set from Hobby Art and also the Aqua pens from Crafters Companion. I stamped onto some watercolour card using an Archival Black ink pad. This is where I found out that not all watercolour card is the same. I've had some floating about in my cupboard for sometime, I've used it to make backing papers quite successfully. However my first attempt with the Aqua pens on this was awful and the colour did not want to move around as it should. So knowing that I had some of the Crafters Companion watercolour card in the cupboard I sorted it out and started again. This time it worked fine and I liked the results. When it was dry I mounted the scene onto some grey card stock. I then embossed a piece of silver centura card that I had in an embossing folder and then gently rubbed some pebeo Renaissance Gold gilding wax onto the raised areas and mounted this onto an 8x8 card base. Then finally I added the Happy Birthday from Tonic, cut one in silver and then again in a bronze colour to match the embossed background.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a lovely country scene - I've been sitting on my hands to stop myself ordering some Hobby Arts stamps which were on TV while I was having my lunch (Birds). I might yet succumb if they've not sold out!! Problem is I like more than one set and can't decide.

Felicie said...

What a beautiful country scene.I like your card a lot
Have a nice day
Felicie

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

My hands refused to be sat on I'm afraid.
Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the fab scenen.xxx

Michelle J M said...

This is such a beautiful scene Sue. There is so much to look at, I am making up a story as I look at all the detail!!! Love the way you have the little village in the background and the man walking the dog and, and, and! Love all of it! Your background is so creative too. I too have different types of water colour paper as the first ones I bought don't work well either, not that I am any good at water colouring but I like to try different things! Michelle x

rachel said...

a stunning scene with your lovely new stamps sue - so great. I really miss the craft a scene challenge. This is a beautiful reminder for me! Gorgeous use of that folder too. Big hugs Rachel x

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Sue, am a bit behind with commenting, takes me a couple of hours with DT comments and private ones....anyway I just love this country scene being a country girl which I loved now in the city which I hate but this is a stunning creations and full of country flavour.xxxSeashell l & Waves and Marianne Design Craftables Lavender

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design Sue, love the country scene. I hope you are doing well. I'm just catching up as I was away, take care, Shirleyxx

Jacee said...

Fabulous card sue, love the scene
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design