Followers

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Christmas Robin

I thought I would share this card I've made for Christmas using craft card. I took the card base (a 6x6 craft card) and put the front half into an embossing folder from Crafters Companion, after embossing it I lightly blended some Vintage Photo distress ink over the raised bits. I then stamped the image from Stampendous onto some craft card and coloured with spectrum noir pencils, cutting it out with an oval spellbinders die and blending around the edges, again with Vintage Photo. I then added some polar white Flowersoft to the tops of the berries and the branch. I then finished it off by adding the poinsettia which was made with a Marianne die.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

5 comments:

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous Robin,love your card.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Sue this is just BEAUTIFUL love the image and your gorgeous colours.
xx
The Journey is the Start

Aquarius said...

I'm a great fan of kraft card and it has been used to excellent effect here with the lovely robin stamp and the embossing.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card Sue, I love the embossed background and the sweet Robin, he looks fantastic on the kraft cardstock. I hope you are doing well, Shirleyx

Michelle J M said...

Oh thats a lovely Robin Sue. So beautifully coloured and your background looks gorgeous. Love the flower soft on the berries and branches, looks so realistic. Pretty poinsettia too! Michelle