Followers

Sunday 10 November 2013

CD Sunday - Pennant Parade

As I write this up, it's late Saturday afternoon and I can't believe how cold it seems today. I had got to like the mild weather we've been having lately. I have scheduled this to post Sunday morning when I hope I'll be enjoying a cup of tea in bed, before visitors arrive for the day. This week's theme over on the CD Sunday blog is Pennant Parade, and was chosen for us by Sue B. I decided to do a Christmas card for my DT card this week (another one made ready for sending out). I've used Crafters Companion's The Snowman and The Snowdog CD. I started with an A5 blue card base and used silver mirri card  for my matting. I printed off a backing paper and one of the toppers along with the pennants and the dog ( I took these into MCS so that I did not waste ink printing off what I would not use), the topper was mounted using foam pads. I used some silver thread that I have in my stash and hung the pennants onto this, and cut out the dog and popped him onto the corner. Please do pop over to the blog and take a look at the lovely cards the DT have made for your inspiration this week.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

starcyl said...

Great card Sue and I really like the dog. Good use of the pennants too.
Jenny x

Beryl said...

Fab card Sue and I see you did the same to get the pennants as I did - only I did it in word. Hope you enjoyed your cuppa in bed as much as I enjoyed my coffee in bed.
Beryl xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card - love the snowman xx

Aquarius said...

great to have another lovely card to add to the Christmas pile - just right for the challenge

Christine said...

Super card Sue, love the dog and your pennants are great, now why didn't I think of using MCS to make the pennants. Hope you enjoyed your cuppa in bed
Christine xx

sue-b said...

Lovely card Sue , always popular is the snowman and i do like the dog and pennants.
sue-b xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very pretty Christmas card Sue, the banner is a great addition. I hope you enjoyed your morning Tea while relaxing. It's been dreary & cold here, we were spoiled with beautiful weather for most of October, but it has taken a dramatic turn. Take care, Shirleyx

Dora said...

beautiful image, Sue. beautiful card have you made.
greetings