Followers

Friday 8 November 2013

Bright Hot Colours

I've been quite busy the last couple of weeks, but I've found time to make a card for the Lavinia Challenge this month which is Bright Hot Colours. So I got out the Yellow, Orange and Red distress ink pads and made a background, then set about making my scene. I've tried to keep it in line with the time of year that it is and give it an Autumnal feel with leaves of the red shades (we still have quite a lot of leaves on our trees here at the moment). Yesterday I spent the day at the NEC, and watched Tracey make an amazing scene using ink pads and the Gelli Plate. I have the Gelli Plate and the ink pads so I just need to get them out and start using them now. I bought loads of goodies and spent lots of money, watched lots of demos and am feeling very inspired at the moment. I just need to find space to put all the new things away, so that I have the space to use them.



As well as entering this into the Lavinia challenge I am also going to enter this into the following challenges -
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
Sister Act Challenge - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts - Autumn Colours
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue 

16 comments:

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, this scenery make me smile.....can imagine the fairies flying and making fun with these 'helicopters' .......we call them like that! Don't know the English word. Great card, warm greet Miranda

Michelle J M said...

Beautiful bright colours. Those fairies are delightful, flying around catching petals. Love that sparkly effect and the leaves too. Fabulous card Sue as always. Michelle x

Barbara (C) said...

Love the colour choice! x

rachel said...

Oh sue - this is beautiful - the colours are amazing and I so very nearly used that stamp on my entry - but changed my mind at the last minute!!! Spooky! Love all the foliage too - it looks amazing x

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful card love your vibrant colours. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
~ Denise DT ~

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful colours and scene and the faerie is a beauty as well. The leaves at the top border are great. Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

craftimamma said...

Beautiful colours you chose for your background Sue and the little scene created is lovely! I thought I wasn't bothered about the NEC (not been for at least 3 years now) but reading your post has made me wish I was going this weekend or better still had gone today. Never mind probably better to save my money after spending loads at Doncaster the other week, lol! Would have loved to see Tracey's demo though.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

NancyD said...

Oh, to be so light that I could fly up on a seed pod!! It is a lovely card Sue. Love the colors. NancyD

Aquarius said...

Beautiful and those warm colours brighten up a chilly, dark and damp morning!! You will have fun with the gelli plate but it does need a bit of space to work with.

Beryl said...

Love those hot colours. A fab background and beautiful stamping.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

Wow stunning card, the colours are amazing!

Vicki x

Unknown said...

so vibrant! lovely layout too! Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Sheila said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining the my craft creations challenge. Good luck x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers

Eileen said...

Sue... this is a little beauty! ... just my colours too! So enjoyed your company on Sunday .... see you soon I hope .. thanks for the support
Eileen xxxx

Liz said...

Great card....such vibrant colours!