Followers

Saturday 19 October 2013

Fun Filled Weekend - Part 1

Last weekend I was lucky enough to be able to attend one of Eileen Godwin's workshops. I have long been an admirer of Eileen's style of crafting and use of bright bold colours, but lacked the confidence to take the plunge and be so bold. So I booked myself onto one of her workshops and set off to spend a week in Kent. With the help of Sat Nav we found the Village Hall quite easily and hubby dropped me off with my bag of craft equipment, my lunch and a few nerves, after all I was on my own and didn't know anyone. However after a warm welcome from Eileen, she showed me where to sit and I was soon chatting to the ladies around me, Hellen, Helen, Diane and Sue. Thanks you for being so friendly ladies.

We made three projects (cards during the day) and time flew past. We made two cards in the morning, one that had to be started and then left to dry, and the other we got on and made while the first was drying.



The first one above, I feel I kept within my comfort zone colour wise as these were colours that I would use everyday, but it was a great technique involving getting pearlised card stock wet before adding the colour.


Next I went way out of the comfort zone, using acrylic paints in very bold colours for me. And I loved it, now all of the acrylic paints I've bought and left in the cupboard will be coming out and getting a new lease of life. After the paint was dry I went over it with a stencil and distress inks, then a Tim Holtz stamp from the London sights set. The small circle stamp was from Designs by Ryn, then the circles added with a shot glass and white acrylic paint. Finally the dots are Enamel Accents (very much like Glossy Accents) and they take a long time to dry.


After lunch Eileen showed us how to make this gorgeous card above, it was such an easy technique but looks so effective. Embossed in white on water colour paper and then finger painting over the top with distress inks in the colours desired, just finishing off the leaves with a paint brush.

Than all of a sudden it was time to pack up, I could not believe that I had been there nearly 6 hours - the day went far to quickly. However Eileen has started up a Jounalling workshop, and I had put my name down for this too. If you pop back on Monday you will see what fun I had then.

Thanks you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

5 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

All three cards are gorgeous Sue, you created beautiful work in the class ! As you know I love bright colours, but also pastels... the techniques on these cards looklike great fun, they sure make awesome results. I'm looking forward to see what you created in the AJ class ! Take care, Shirleyx

NancyD said...

What a lovely technique Sue. Love the cards you have made! NancyD

Beryl said...

Oh wow - what a full day you had - very productive. Glad you had such a good time and came home with three beautiful projects.
Beryl xx

rachel said...

these are amazing Sue and it sounds like a wonderful weekend - good for you and thanks so much for sharing xx

Aquarius said...

It is good to get out of the comfort zone sometimes and these cards are brilliant. Sounds as if you had a wonderful time at the workshop with Eileen.