Followers

Monday 13 August 2012

Pan Pastels - Create A Scene

It's time for another challenge on the Pan Pastels blog, and this week they are asking for us to Create A Scene. My card that I've made also cover the challenge on the Craft A Scene blog this month, which is Anything In The Great Outdoors (this will be my second entry this month). This week I actually used my Pan Pastels, I read the article in the Papercrafts Inspirations magazine this month, and had a play. I really liked the effects that I've got. I started with an A5 piece of white card and added the Pan Pastels, blending slightly between the different colours. Then with Stampscape stamps added my scene with black Memento ink, I took the ink off of the stamp where it looked as though it reflected in water. Next with a rubber I removed a little of the blue in the sky to try and get the look of wispy clouds, and also took the pan pastels from the rocks and the log cabin. I then coloured the rocks and the cabin with promarkers. The deer are from a set that I bought from Flower soft. I then trimmed the scene and popped it onto a green A5 card base. To finish I added a sentiment from Stampscapes. Finally I gave everything a light spray with some hair spray to seal it.



Thank you for taking the time to look. Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

NancyD said...

Oooh I love this! Great composition and the bright new sky are wonderful. Thanks for joining us again at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Christine said...

This is beautiful Sue, superb blending with your Pan Pastels. Love the stamps too. Pan Pastels are on my list and hoping to see them demoed next weekend.
Christine xx

Barbara said...

Wow, this is amazing Sue.....how clever are you?! I must get practicing with my Pan Pastels!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Sue beautiful again. Great work with the Pan Pastels, I still need to get mine out (more time this Fall). I love this one too ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

brenda said...



Beautiful work Sue and fabulous colouring and shading.

It's great to see you at Craft a Scene challenge this month, thanks so much to joining in.

B x

Claire said...

Hi Sue, wow what a beautiful scene. You've given it great perspective and done a fab job with the pans. Thanks for sharing with us at PanPAstel UK
Claire xx

Dora said...

hello Sue,
this scene is beautiful!!
greetings

Marina said...

I hate to overuse the word 'beautiful', but this really is...beautiful!

Scrap Affair said...

This is just an AMAZING scene!
Thank you so much for joining us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.
Nadia