Followers

Friday 31 August 2012

Autumn Fairy

This morning I thought I would have a bit of a tidy of all the bits I'd left laying on my worktop, and I came across this background. It was one that I had made with the leftover ink from the card I made a couple of weeks ago using the baby wipe ink pad. It had a splodge across the middle that looked just like a tree trunk (well I thought it looked like a tree trunk), and decided it was just what I needed to use this stamp called Shaylee from Lavinia Stamps. I started by stamping, and then embossing with WOW black glint embossing powder, the wings on this fairy are optional, I decided to use them. I added the butterfly next, again embossing with black glint. Then with various shades of Distress Ink pads and leaf branch from the Silhouette Garden set of stamps, by Sheena Douglas, I went around the page. I wanted to give the feel of Autumn with this card so the colours I've picked are reds, oranges, and browns. I blended around the edge of the card with some ink from the tea dye ink pad, then added glitter to the wings. I mounted it onto some gold mirri card and then a 6x6 cream card base.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments that are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

You're right it does look like a gnarled old tree - this card is beautiful and I love the autumn colours

Scrap Affair said...

I LOVE it!

Christine said...

WOW, this is fantastic. It does look like a tree and your autumn colours are gorgeous. Must remember NOT to throw baby wipes away.
Christine xx

Beryl said...

Brilliant work Sue. Love the whole scene, the background is gorgeous and the stamping is fabulous.
Beryl xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Gorgeous Sue ! I love the background and the stamping around it with the leaves. The faerie is gorgeous, love her sparkley wings ! Awesome work ! Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Michelle J M said...

What an amazing "splodge", it absolutely looks like a tree trunk. Wonderful card with the sweetest fairy. Michelle x

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, this lovely creature hit my eyes when I was scrolling on my blog......you've made such a lovely creation with her! I really love those Lavinia fairy's! warm greet Miranda

Carol said...

A fabulous creation with so much imagination.
xx