Followers

Friday 2 March 2012

Bird Song

Normally on a Friday I take part in the Forgotten Friday Challenge, but as Judith is on Holiday this week there is none, but I decided to go ahead and make something  anyway. This is both old and neglected, and new, as I have used stamps that have not been inked before and a new to me Tim Holtz large label Sizzix die. Ive always admired what other people do with labels, but have never made one myself, so this is my first, which I decide to pop onto the front of a card. After cutting out the label I then put some distress inks from the pads onto my glass cutting mat and spritzed with water and place the label onto the ink to colour the background. The colours I used were Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge, I also used these to go around the edges of the label after it had dried. I then used several different stamps from Chocolate Baroque, which were Teeny weeny Meadow,Wild Meadow and Bird Song, the sentiment was also from the Bird Song stamp sheet. Then at the top I used the branch from a Stampscapes sheet. I've threaded organza ribbon through the top of the label in three different colours which I've also place on the card. The backing paper is from Artylicious, Essence of Nature CD which has been matted onto first a rust coloured card and then brown. The corners are cut from the same rust card using Architectural Accents corners from Sizzix, Then I've just added the ribbon in matching colours.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

5 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your card with the tag (label) is GORGEOUS Sue ! And this is your first tag? I love the effect with using the Distress Inks and adding water ! The colours are so vibrant, love them. It's so cool that you can print designer paper in your studio when you need it. I don't have a decent printer here, wouldn't work, but something to think about as you create such beautiful work with them. I also love those CB stamps, the bird song sheet is on my Wish List. I just received the Artistic Expressions today, beautiful ! Have a great weekend ! Hugs, Shirley

Aquarius said...

Great colours on this and I'm sure you will be making more tags now you've had a go. Love it

Michelle J M said...

What a stunning tag card! Love the distressing of the colours. Michelle x

Miranda said...

Hi Sue,
A lovely card you've made here! Great corners! greetz, Miranda

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is beautiful Sue, the colours are lovely. I really like the gradiuated choice of ribbons. Those corners are fab. Your tag is great, well done if this is your first attempt. You have created a lovely little scene. Thanks for keeping up with FF, Judith xx