Followers

Saturday 31 March 2012

Baroque Egg

Recently Chocolate Baroque launch a set of Easter Egg stamps, and I convinced myself that I didn't really need these stamps. That was silly because as soon as I set eyes on the wonderful samples that the DT put together, I knew that I would have to buy them. This is my first attempt and is based on the sample that new DT member Clare made, I liked the way she had used white embossing powder and different colour ink pads to colour the egg. I used an A5 white card blank, and the lilac backing card was from a pad that I bought at a show 3-4 years ago and had not used, it has lovely roses embossed all over although they do not show up well in the photo. The corners and border are from the Spellbinders Parisian sets, and I also used a bigger corner to put either end of the sentiment. I added some frilled lace that I had in the cupboard and also some small roses.




What a difference in the weather today, no throwing all the doors and windows open, and I think I'll have to go and find a cardigan to put on. I saw on someones blog this morning we may even have Snow over Easter.  I hope we don't !

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue x

3 comments:

Aquarius said...

I've managed to resist these stamps so far - love the way you've made this card. Sorry I've not been commenting - keep losing my blog list but it comes back eventually

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! What a Gorgeous Easter card ! Love the embossing and the colours of ink over the egg & the DP background. The die cuts and lace compliment the image so well. It's hard to resist such beautiful images from CB. Enjoy your weekend, hope the weather turns better. Ours is up & down as well. Take care, Shirley x

Carol said...

What a beautiful card Sue. You have to enlarge it to see all that delicate inking - lovely. The lace and flowers are a perfect touch. Don't you just hate some people who are so good at this.LOL
Hugs
Carol
xx