Followers

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Forgotten Friday 45 - Red and Brown

This week for Forgotten Friday Judith again set a colour challenge, Red and Brown. I did find this a challenge as well, very often my cards just come together with out any thought as to what colours I'm going to use. I started by sorting out my cupboard that I keep all my stamps in (it's so much tidier now) to see if I could find something that would be suitable. Sitting in the cupboard was a box with a set of stamps from Kanban, these I bought last summer when they were Today's special Value from QVC, so I decided that it was time they came out and got inked. I've used this script stamp with butterflies on, stamping onto white card with perfect medium, then embossing with white. I then coloured the image with barn door distress ink, I then done the same with the sentiment (also from Kanban). After mounting these onto some pearlised gold card, I mounted some brown card onto some of the gold, added a red ribbon across the bottom, mounted the toppers and added a flower.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

4 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card Sue ! The colours & design are great ! I find colours come together without planning ahead as well. In fact if I think about it too much, I just sit there and nothing happens, better to just jump in and get inky !

Aquarius said...

great result on this card - why do we buy things on impulse and then put them away unused?? We all do it - I'm still thinking about the brown and red bit of the challenge as I seem to be a bit busy this week already

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Sue, thank you so much for joining in my Forgotten Friday slot this week. The stamps are lovely. Don't feel that you have to take up the colour challenges if you don't want to, I'd hate to put you off taking part, it's only an extra if you want to take it on. I'll be back to Christmas this week.....Judith xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful card Sue. The design and colors are great. Nice combination.
Thanks Sue for your lovely words on my blog.
Lovely greet
Marja