Followers

Saturday 14 January 2012

Forgotten Friday 44 - Blue and Silver

It's been 2 weeks since the last Forgotten Friday post, and this week Judith has thrown down the gauntlet and challenged us to make something with blue and silver. So here is my effort not only in blue and silver, but also a Christmas card. I've used the Steampunk Christmas set from Chocolate Baroque, and I'm ashamed to say that these were cut out when they arrived some when back in the late summer and not used. As they have been sitting on my worktop neglected I felt that they qualified for the forgotten Friday challenge. I have used a plain white card 6x6, and stamped the Joy stamp into the corner, embossed with WOW platinum embossing powder and added some colour with distress inks, tumbled glass and broken china. Then I stamped both sizes of the flower stamp onto some white card in a lighter weight, again embossing with the platinum embossing powder, then I coloured the flowers with the same inks. I cut them out and shaped them so that they lifted off the page and added some silver leaves. For these I used a Marianne die which I had to cut once it was cut out to give me separate leave that I could place where I needed them.




I also wanted to show you this project below which I had prepared for last week. Inside there are 6 square cards and envelopes all made using up toppers and scraps that I had laying around the work top and in the boxes of bits and pieces that I seem to collect.


And finally some of you may have seen the cards that I showed you earlier this week again made with the leftover bits and pieces. Below is the wallet that I made to put those cards in.



Why not have a go and see if you can make something using blue and silver, with something that's been neglected or forgotten.
 
Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

5 comments:

Claire said...

Wow Sue, your cards are stunning but the steampunk Christmas one is breathtaking. Simple but effective and such gorgeous delicate inking
Claire xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Sue, I love the card that you have made for my Forgotten Friday post this week, it really is beautiful. Thank you for taking up my challenge! I'd like to try and do Christmas cards every other week from now on, to get my stash built up for sending out nearer Christmas time.
Your cards and wallet made with leftovers are great idea. I have lots of bits and pieces, so I'll have to do something like this I think.
Judith xx

Aquarius said...

Gosh you have been busy - love what you've done with the Steampunk Christmas stamps. I didn't realise we were supposed to be doing blue and silver - duh!!!

Carol said...

Hi Sue. What a gorgeous flower. Just stunning.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, I Love the silver and blue card. Very elegant ! The silver behind the flower is such a creative idea! Thanks for responding to my email I,m using my Blackberry Playbook which works. Take care