Followers

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Forgotten Friday 43 - SWALK

A few day later than Friday I know, but better late than never. This year I have promised myself that I will make one Christmas card a week, that way I should have quite a stash by the time Christmas comes around. So here we are week one, and the first card, and like Judith I will use the Forgotten Friday challenge for two of these per month. I have so many neglected Christmas stamps so this will be an ideal time to use them.




For my first card I have used the Christmas Swalk stamps that were launch earlier last year, and sadly they were not even cut out let alone inked. I have coloured the image using promarkers, and I also coloured the corner with the same green that was used to colour the coat of the boy, as I had used a scrap of white card to cut this out. The red flowers I've had in my stash for a long time, I just edged them with some iridescent glitter, added some brads to the middles, some leaves and a couple of swirls The backing paper and sentiment were printed from the CD that went with the stamps, also unused until today.

If you, like me, rushed to get your cards ready in time for Christmas last year. Why don't you join in with the Forgotten Friday challenge, and make a couple of cards a month.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a lovely card to store away for the end of the year. Now that Bah Humbug is no more I might try to include some Christmas cards in Judith's challenge too - that was a good idea of hers I thought (sort of two birds with one stone!!). I also have some SWALK stamps which have not been inked but no Christmas ones.

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is such a cute image Sue, and I'm glad that you've managed to get around to using it. I a determined to keep up with my Christmas cards this year, and the FF slot was a great opportunity to get them done. Thanks for joining in this week, Judith xx

Jan said...

Adorable cards Sue. Great blog xx Jan

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, This card is adorable, love the colouring. Thanks for visiting at my blog and your very kind comment. Cheers !

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card Sue. I will look into FF a little more as the idea of a couple of cards a week sounds appealing. A couple a month would be better than I achieved last year.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Sue this is adorable. Love the design and stamp. lovely colors.
Lovely greet
Marja