Followers

Sunday 24 October 2010

Flower Fairy

I don't think that I am going to be one of these people that blog everyday as it's been 2 weeks since I last blogged. I also need to learn how to add links then maybe I can take part in a couple of challenges. Today I thought that I would show you a card that I made using the Crafters Companion Flower Fairies Discs. I love the Flower Fairies and always try to have a couple of cards made.
I used 2 sheets of plain white card to make a 8X8 card base, matted and layered using silver mirri card and 2 sheet of backing paper printed from the CD. The topper was decoupaged but I cut the first layer using a spellbinders nestie, then added the layers. To finish I added some silver corner peel offs and a bit of pink organza ribbon. Inside I used another sheet of backing paper and then added the right verse for this fairy (The Candy Tuft Fairy) from the Mary Cicely Barker books. It will then do for anyone from child to adult for any occasion.
The sun is shinning here in Hampshire today, it's cold outside but lovely sitting inside by the window, you could pretend that it's Summer.
Thank you for taking the time to look.
Sue


1 comment:

Carol said...

Just a beautiful card Sue. I love the book of fairies - I have it myself - and a few sheets of the diecut decoupage as well.
Carol
xx